After leaving the installer for ~30 minutes, it finally brings up an error stating it could not run the Blizzard agent; This gives me an error code - BLZPTS00007 - which gives me a few more google hits including a seemingly official guide on how to troubleshoot agent issues on Battle.net, however performing the steps listed under 'Advanced Troubleshooting' still hasn't resolved my problem.
How can I get past "Updating setup files..." when reinstalling Diablo 3, and what is error BLZPTS0007?
remember the news from 1 year ago "Blizz recruiting new game director for an unnanounced diablo project" it turned out to be the necromancer or this is still a mystery?
After a reasonable hiatus from Blizzard games, I have decided to reinstall Diablo 3.
Solution 3 – Change AMD Catalyst Control Settings In order to perform this solution, make sure that Diablo 3 isn’t running. In a last act of desperation before borrowing the DVD from a friend to try and load it that way, I had some Raymond Chen style psychic insight and thought it might be a multithreading bug. Every single time, over and over and over and over again.Killing any of the agent processes that spawn (it spawns many) results in the launcher loading with an immediate error stating "There has been a communication error, please restart the launcher", restarting the launcher results in the process repeating againsince it didn't "install" yet - there is no entry in add/remove programs.I have nothing in My Documents, I have the launcher files in C:\Program Data and I have removed all of those, I have cleared all of my various temporary file locations as per the recommendations, rebooted, ensured that none of the files had returned, etc etc - still doesn't get past that screenshot For whatever reason, Internet Explorer (which I never use) was set to "work offline".
I used to have it installed and working on this machine and removed my previous install using Add/Remove Programs.